Wednesday, March 11, 2009

November Contest Winner: The Tale of the 1977 Han Solo

In our November Newsletter, we asked our customers to submit to us their favorite sportscard collecting memory from their childhood. We chose the following tale as our winner:

"On one occasion when I visited my grandmother as a 6 year-old, as she made me a sandwich for lunch, she gave me the "prize" that was included within the loaf of bread - a 1977 Star Wars Wonder Bread "Han Solo." That card journeyed to and from elementary school in my pocket every day. Although it is heavily creased, and the corners are worn off, I wouldn't trade it for the world. This year, I had it slabbed by SGC, insuring that it will be preserved for posterity. Han Solo will always have a permanent place in my collection!"

No comments:

Post a Comment