Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Leela's Tips & Tricks - August 2010

Leela’s Tips & Tricks is Leela’s first foray into writing a monthly column – she usually just appears in Mike DeNero’s Neighborhood. As such, she does not have an impressive resume … yet. But give her a break; she’s only five-years-old! We hope you find her vintage collecting tips useful, her butchered attempts at composing sentences in what she calls “Canadien-French” amusing (if not refreshing, albeit confusing), and her unabashed love for her Montreal Canadiens admirable. Enjoy!

A New Venture

(Translation: Une nouvelle entreprise)

by Leela

Bonjour, collectionnuers de cartes! It’s me, Leela, providing you with some vintage cardboard education … my tip o' the month. Voilà!

Well, my beloved Canadiens are still playing golf in the off-season -- but just wait 'til next year! (Attendre l'année prochaine!)

Anyway, before I get back to enjoying my summer camp activities and the local pool club, I must provide you with my top of the month. My tip is that if you were forced to choose between all characteristics of a card’s condition (e.g., corners, centering, surface) and could only have one be perfect, the one you should choose is registration. There’s nothing that drives me more nuts than looking at a blurry card! Cartes floues obtenir me bonkers! I mean seriously, how can you stare at a blurry card?

Gotta go. My dry cleaner just called to say that my vintage red wool Maurice "the Rocket" Richard #9 Montreal Canadiens hockey sweater has been found – it’s been missing for a month! Last month, when I went there to pick it up, they handed me a Joe Pepitone jersey instead -- C'est stupide, incapable, âne. Je vais descendre à son magasin et l'ont battu à une pâte! So, I guess I’ll bring Mr. Pepitone back to the shop and swap him for my beloved Richard! Ah. Tout va bien dans le monde quand je peux porter mon chandail avec fierté Richard.

Au revoir … Vive Les Habitants! C'est tout!

No comments:

Post a Comment