Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leela's Tips & Tricks - June 2010

Leela’s Tips & Tricks is Leela’s first foray into writing a monthly column – she usually just appears in Mike DeNero’s Neighborhood. As such, she does not have an impressive resume … yet. But give her a break; she’s only five-years-old! We hope you find her vintage collecting tips useful, her butchered attempts at composing sentences in what she calls “Canadien-French” amusing (if not refreshing, albeit confusing), and her unabashed love for her Montreal Canadiens admirable. Enjoy!

Une meilleure façon de dépenser $16,000

(Translation: A Better Way to Spend $16,000)

by Leela

Bonjour, collectionnuers de cartes! It’s me, Leela, providing you with some vintage cardboard education … my tip o' the month. Voilà!

Well, my beloved Canadiens had a marvelous run but, alas, have been ruthlessly removed from the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the Philth-adelphia Flyers -- Imposters!!! Wait 'til next year! (Attendre l'année prochaine!)

Anyway, although I must provide my tip of the month, I must say I have been so enthralled with my beloved Habitants' playoff run; therefore, I have given little thought to this month's tip until I saw that ridiculous “1 of 1” Stephen Strasburg Superfractor card sell on eBay on Saturday night for more than $16,000 (Qui diable pourrait payer $16,000 dollars pour une carte de 2010 Bowman - et ce que le diable est un Superfractor?). My tip is that if it is ever resold, don't bid more than $100 for it. If you were so inclined to bid $16,000, use that $16,000 to follow Strasburg around the country and see him pitch in all the different ballparks this summer!

Gotta go. My dry cleaner just called to say that my vintage red wool Maurice "the Rocket" Richard #9 Montreal Canadiens hockey sweater is ready and that all the tears I cried on it after the Flyers stole my dream from me did not leave a permanent stain on the sweater! Wait 'til next year! (Attendre l'année prochaine!)

Au revoir … Vive Les Habitants! C'est tout!

No comments:

Post a Comment