Mike DeNero’s Layaway Program
In a recent conversation with my aunt about our sportscards business, I mentioned that our company offers a layaway program. She sort of snickered at the thought. While it may sound a bit humorous, it has been our most successful program that we have offered to our customers to date. In fact, nearly half of our revenue for 2010 been generated through that program. Here’s how it works:
- Customers can purchase items for layaway through any of our channels: our website, www.MDsportscards.com, our eBay site, or over the telephone;
- We require a 10% deposit (or more, if the customer wishes) via PayPal, direct credit card payment, money order, or check;
- We provide the customer with six full months to pay off the balance and allow the customer to make as many payments during this time as he or she wishes;
- We email to the customer a brief 2-page layaway agreement that they can either sign and mail back to us or indicate their acceptance of the terms via a return e-mail; and
- We provide full insurance (at no additional cost to the customer) for the purchased products from the date of sale through delivery to the customer.
If you have any interest in purchasing some of our products through our layaway program, please contact us by telephone at 571-449-3470 or by e-mail at MDsportscards@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.